We have created a listserv, called “whatisamedialab,” for those interested in discussing both the theoretical and the practical/infrastructural aspects of media labs. While the impetus for the list is our collaborative book project and accompanying website, we hope this listserv extends far beyond the concerns and lifetime of the book project. If you would like to join the listserv to discuss aspects of running or participating in media labs, please follow the instructions below. If you have any problems, feel free to contact Lori Emerson for assistance.
- Send a message to email@example.com from the address you want to subscribe to the list.
- In the subject line of your message, type in: subscribe whatisamedialab Firstname Surname (indicate your own first name and surname).
- Leave the message body blank.
- After this, you will receive a message telling you whether your request was accepted or not.
- You should keep your subscription notice: you may need it later to remember your password or to send a precise command to Sympa (example: signoff command).
- If you’d like to receive a digest of messages to the list once a day, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org from the address you’ve subscribed from. In the subject line of your message, type in: SET whatisamedialab DIGEST. Again, leave the message body blank and you should receive another message telling you whether your command was accepted.